The KFC coleslaw recipe features a base of cabbage, carrot, and onion, all tossed in a sauce made from mayonnaise, milk, buttermilk, vinegar and spices. Though Kentucky Fried Chicken does not provide their unique recipes to the public, this recipe produces coleslaw that tastes just very similar to one served at KFC restaurants. The recipe can be made up to a day ahead and stores for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- 8 cups green cabbage
- ¼ cup carrot
- 2 tablespoons onion
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Finely chop the cabbage, carrot and onion into approximately 2 cm, thin strips. Chop each ingredient by hand or use a food processor until a desired consistency is reached.
- Place the chopped vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the milk, buttermilk, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt and black pepper in a blender. Process to mix on medium until smooth. This should take about 1 minute.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables in the large mixing bowl.
- Toss the slaw with a set of tongs until all vegetable pieces are evenly coated.
- Place plastic film over the top of the mixing bowl to seal.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavours to blend, then serve cold.
Rate this Recipe