Servings: 4 servings
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Heat the stock in a pan until simmering. Keep over a very low heat, so that it's always hot when you add it to the rice.
- Cook the leek in the butter and oil over a medium heat, stirring often, until soft but not coloured. Add the garlic and mushrooms, stirring frequently until the mushrooms start to shrink.
- Add the rice and stir to coat all the grains. Cook over a low heat for 1 minute, then pour in the wine, if using, and simmer until it's absorbed.
- Add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring often, allowing the stock to absorb before adding the next one.
- After 15 minutes add the frozen peas. Heat until simmering again and cook until the rice is tender, adding more stock when necessary.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese. Season with pepper and serve.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 581kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 476mg | Potassium: 534mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1085IU | Vitamin C: 24.3mg | Calcium: 197mg | Iron: 5.4mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra