A versatile, visually stunning and a vibrant summer salad that goes well with almost any meal.
- 1½ cups uncooked rice , see notes
- salt, for cooking rice
- ¼ cup quinoa, rinsed
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 red jalapeño chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- ⅓ cup chopped salted roasted peanuts
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the rice and cook, stirring until tender, 25 to 35 minutes (depending on the rice).
- Meanwhile, bring a separate saucepan of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the quinoa and cook until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain the grains and rinse under cold water until cool; shake off the excess water.
- Whisk the lime juice and zest, vegetable oil, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Add the rice mixture, mango, cucumber, jalapeño, spring onions, coriander and roasted peanuts and stir to combine. Season with salt to taste
We use SunRice Mountain Blend rice. The colour, texture, full-bodied flavour and delightful aroma all come together in the blend of long-grain brown rice, black rice and red rice.
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra