Steamed rice with the infusion of flavour and crunchy texture of roasted chestnuts.
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 500 g roasted , or boiled chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ¼ cup chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- salt, to taste
- Rinse the rice 2 - 3 times with cold water.
- Put 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium sized saucepan and add the rice and roasted chestnuts, stirring until well combined and the rice grains are lightly toasted.
- Stream in the stock and taste, adjusting the salt as necessary.
- Let simmer undisturbed until all the broth has been absorbed and the rice is fully cooked. (If necessary add more liquid until the rice is done.)
- Turn off the heat and fluff up the rice with a fork and garnish with chopped parsley.
Rate this Recipe