Sinangag – Filipino Garlic Fried Rice
In Sinangag, a Filipino version of garlic fried rice, rice is added to stir-fried garlic and then seasoned with salt and pepper. It is a common, everyday breakfast dish. Vegetables, meats, and other ingredients may be added but it is generally left bare, with just the garlic, pepper, and salt to flavour it, because any other additional ingredients' flavours may interfere with the flavour of the dish eaten with the fried rice.Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 6 cups rice, steamed
- 3 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- Combine rice and salt then mix well.
- Heat the pan and pour the cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, put-in the garlic and cook until colour turns brown and texture is crispy
- Add half of the rice. Mix the rice well with the garlic while frying. (this is applicable for large rice quantities. If you are frying less than 4 cups of rice then you can put all the rice at once assuming that your pan is large enough to handle the volume)
- Add the remaining half then cook for 5 minutes or until the rice is done.
- Remove from the pan and place in a serving plate. Garnish with fried garlic on top.
Rate this Recipe