For pulled pork
For dry rub
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- ½ tablespoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Mix the dry rub ingredients in small bowl. Sprinkle dry rub all over the pork roast, rubbing or pressing into the pork. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hours.
- Combine liquid ingredients and the garlic powder in a medium bowl and pour into a large Dutch oven. Add the pork roast.
- Place pork in the oven and tightly cover with aluminum foil then lid. Roast for 4 hours or until fork tender and shreds easily. Baste the roast with cooking liquid every hour.
- Remove from oven and let stand until cool enough to handle. Shred the pork with a fork or tongs into bite size pieces.
- Serve on hamburger buns topped with BBQ sauce and cole slaw.
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra