A crispy, chewy chalupa shell filled with seasoned beef, sour cream, crisp shredded lettuce, cheese and diced ripe tomatoes.
Taco Bells Chalupa Supreme
- 450 g beef mince (ground beef), US - 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ tablespoon onion flakes, US - 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- ½ cup water
- flat bread , pita will work
- oil, for deep-frying
- sour cream, Taco Bells use reduced fat sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheddar cheese or Monterrey jack cheese , Taco Bells use a three cheese blend
- diced tomatoes
- Mix dried onion with water in a small bowl and let sit for five minutes.
- Combine beef, flour, chilli powder, paprika and salt. Add onions and water then mix.
- In a skillet, cook beef mixture. Stir often while cooking to prevent large chunks from forming; it should be like a paste.
- Remove from heat but keep warm.
- In a deep-fryer, or a skillet, deep fry the bread for 30 seconds. Let drain on paper towels.
- Make Chalupas starting with meat, then sour cream, lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes in that order. Top with hot sauce or salsa, to taste.
Rate this Recipe