This sausage is pork, with noodle as the meat stretcher and mushroom as the flavouring. This sausage really needs a helping of fat to blend it, hence the addition of pork back fat.
- Rinse the sausage skins, mine came packed in salt, they needed extensive rinsing.
- Soak the glass noodles and mushrooms in water for 6-8 hours.
- Blend the galangal, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, garlic, coriander root and pork fat together in a blender.
- Mix all the ingredients together. A food mixer is a good idea at this point, you want a well blended mix.
- Pipe into the sausage skin.