Steamed Abalone with Shiitake Mushroom and Sesame Dressing is an inspiring meal with an Asian flavour to impress your guests.
- Begin by making the stock: Add all ingredients for the stock into a pan and start to heat. Once the liquid starts to boil remove from the heat immediately and leave to cool and infuse.
- Once the stock has cooled down add the whole abalone and return to the heat until it begins to boil, remove immediately and place in the fridge to cool.
- Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients together and mixing well.
- Once the abalone has cooled enough to handle remove from the stock (you can use the stock again but only once more), using a sharp knife slice the abalone into very thin slices.
- Place the sliced abalone into a bowl and add the coriander, mushrooms and the remainder of the spring onions and dress slightly with a little of the dressing.
- In a separate bowl also dress the noodles lightly with the dressing.
- Place the noodles in the bottom of the cleaned abalone shells from earlier. Carefully place the abalone mix on top of the noodles and steam for 2 to 3 minutes in a pan with boiling water or a steamer for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.