Steamed Abalone with Shiitake Mushroom and Sesame Dressing is an inspiring meal with an Asian flavour to impress your guests.
Steamed Abalone with Shiitake Mushroom and Sesame Dressing
Steamed Abalone with Shiitake Mushroom and Sesame Dressing is an inspiring meal with an Asian flavour to impress your guests.Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- Begin by making the stock: Add all ingredients for the stock into a pan and start to heat. Once the liquid starts to boil remove from the heat immediately and leave to cool and infuse.
- Once the stock has cooled down add the whole abalone and return to the heat until it begins to boil, remove immediately and place in the fridge to cool.
- Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients together and mixing well.
- Once the abalone has cooled enough to handle remove from the stock (you can use the stock again but only once more), using a sharp knife slice the abalone into very thin slices.
- Place the sliced abalone into a bowl and add the coriander, mushrooms and the remainder of the spring onions and dress slightly with a little of the dressing.
- In a separate bowl also dress the noodles lightly with the dressing.
- Place the noodles in the bottom of the cleaned abalone shells from earlier. Carefully place the abalone mix on top of the noodles and steam for 2 to 3 minutes in a pan with boiling water or a steamer for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Rate this Recipe