Full of flavour and nutritionally great – this barramundi recipe is sure to win over the entire family or guests alike. Simple to prepare and very tasty.
Barramundi Fillets with Roasted Sweet Potato and Silverbeet
- 700 g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 5cm chunks
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 x 125 g barramundi fillets
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- ½ bunch silver beet (Swiss chard), shredded
- 1 tablespoon sultanas (golden raisins)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. (400°F ; Gas Mark 6). Place the sweet potato onto a baking tray and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil, the thyme and 2 cloves of the garlic. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes, turning occasionally until lightly browned and tender. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, place a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Season the barramundi with salt and pepper on both sides and evenly sprinkle over the paprika and cumin.
- Place 1 tablespoon of oil into the hot pan and cook the fish in two batches for 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked through and golden brown. Remove the fish from the pan to a plate to rest for 2 minutes.
- Place a separate large frying pan over medium high heat and add the remaining oil to the hot pan. Cook the onion for 2 minutes, stirring, then add the remaining garlic and silverbeet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the silverbeet is tender, then stir in the sultanas and cook for 30 seconds. Season to taste with salt and pepper, add the pine nuts and remove from the heat.
- Serve the roasted sweet potatoes and silverbeet with the barramundi fillets.
Cooks Notes & Variations
Rate this Recipe