These quick and easy fish kofta are simple cigar-shaped fish fingers (without the breadcrumbs), served with a spicy sauce on a bed a rice.
- 700 g white fish fillets, skinned and minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the sauce
- Put the minced fish in a bowl and mix with onions, parsley and black pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 12 portions and shape each portion into a cigar shape. Brush with olive oil and grill for 5-6 minutes, turning to cook evenly.
- Add 3 cups of water to a pan and add in the onion, garlic, coriander, green capsicum, spices, mushrooms and tomatoes. Bring to the boil and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Gently add cooked fish kofta fingers to the sauce. Simmer on low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice.