This is a great warming chowder that you can make a meal out of by itself. Just serve the soup over a mound of cooked jasmine rice.
Green Curry Seafood Chowder
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 5 spring onions (scallions), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh coriander
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 1¼ cups water
- 2 cups coconut milk
- zest and juice of ½ lime
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 medium carrots, sliced diagonally
- 4 cups thinly sliced bok choy
- 225 g uncooked prawns, peeled and deveined
- 225 g scallops, cleaned
- 500 g live mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add the spring onions, 1 tablespoon coriander, and garlic; sauté until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add curry paste; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add 1¼ cups water, coconut milk, lime zest and juice, and fish sauce.
- Bring to simmer. Add the carrots; cover and cook until carrot is just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Layer bok choy, shrimp, scallops, then mussels in pan. Cover and simmer until mussels open and seafood and bok choy are cooked (discard mussels that do not open), about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons coriander, and basil.
- Divide the cooked rice between 4 bowls and ladle the chowder over the rice.
Rate this Recipe