This surimi and potato salad is easy to prepare and is a luxurious cold side dish served at your next seafood barbecue.
- 700 g small red new potatoes, quartered
- ¾ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , pressed or minced
- 225 g flake-style surimi
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- ⅓ cup finely chopped celery
- 1½ tablespoons sliced spring onion
- ¾ tablespoon diced red capsicum (bell pepper)
- ¾ tablespoon minced parsley
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain nonfat yoghurt
- ¾ tablespoon prepared English mustard
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¾ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Toss the potatoes, oil and garlic in a roasting pan. Bake at 200°C until tender, about 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Let cool, then combine in a bowl with the surimi, eggs, celery, spring onion, red pepper and parsley.
- For the dressing: Combine the remaining ingredients in another bowl and stir well.
- Pour the dressing over the potato mixture and stir gently. Cover and chill well.