Braised Seafood Mein
A quick and easy seafood noodle dish with scallops, prawns, and snapper. Enjoy the Asian flavours.
Servings: 4Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate this Recipe
For the sauce
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- 1½ tablespoons Chinese rice wine , or dry sherry
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
For the dish
- 1 package flat Chinese egg noodles - , 450g
- 3 baby bok choy, halved lengthwise through the core
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup thinly-sliced carrot
- ¼ cup canned straw mushroom, drained
- Stir the cornflour and rice wine together in a small bowl until the cornflour is dissolved. Add the scallops, prawns and fish and stir gently to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- For the sauce - Stir the chicken stock, rice wine, salt and pepper together in a separate bowl until the salt is dissolved. Set aside.
- For the dish - Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling. Cook the bok choy until tender-crisp, 2½ to 3 minutes. Scoop them out with a large wire skimmer and set them aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions in the same pot of water. Drain well, rinse them under warm water and drain again. Pile the noodles in the centre of a large serving bowl. Arrange the bok choy around the noodles and cover the bowl with aluminium foil, shiny-side down, to keep warm.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add the oil and swirl to coat the sides. Add the seafood and carrots, stir-fry until the prawns turn pink, about 2½ to 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauce; mix well. Bring to a boil. Scoop the contents of the wok into the centre of the noodles and serve immediately.
Rate this Recipe