Servings: 4 servings (2 tacos per serving)
For herb sauce:
- Make the herb sauce by placing the parsley, oregano, garlic, 1½ tablespoons oil, vinegar, chilli flakes and ⅛ teaspoon salt in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- For the remaining taco filling, heat ½ tablespoon of the remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add capsicums (bell peppers) and cook, stirring, until softened ; about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add scallops and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Cook, stirring, until just cooked through ,(about 3½ minutes).
- Add the herb sauce to the pan, remove from the heat and stir to coat.
- Fill each tortilla with about ¼ cup each of scallops and capsicums.
Warming tortillas prevents them from cracking and breaking. Here are three ways to warm your tortillas:
- In the oven: Wrap stacks of 8 tortillas in foil; place in a 190°C. (375°F ; Gas Mark 5) oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- On the stove: Turn a gas or electric burner on high. Using tongs, slide one tortilla at a time over the burner for a few seconds, alternating sides, until it's softened and beginning to char. Cover tortillas to keep warm.
- In the microwave: Wrap a stack of 8 tortillas in a barely damp, clean kitchen towel (or paper towel); microwave on High for 30 to 45 seconds.
Serving: 1servings (2 tacos per serving) | Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 671mg | Potassium: 458mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2950IU | Vitamin C: 118mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 2.9mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra