Servings: 4 Servings
- 20 baby carrots
- 30 g fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 30 g fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped
- 20 g fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 pieces preserved lemon
- 300 g couscous
- 1 tablespoon Chermoula Spice Blend (see recipe)
- 24 peeled prawns, tails intact
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Peel the carrots and cut into 3 cm (1")-thick slices on an angle.
- Finely chop the parsley and coriander, including the stems. Peel and finely grate the ginger, garlic and onion. Scrape out the preserved lemon flesh and discard, then finely chop the rind.
- Place 360 ml (1½ cups) water, 2 (2⅔) tablespoons oil and 1 teaspoon salt in the saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the carrots and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the couscous, cover with a lid and stand for 5 minutes. Drizzle with 3 teaspoons olive oil and separate grains with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons olive oil in the medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook the garlic, ginger, onion and chermoula spice mix for 5 minutes or until the onion has softened.
- Stir in preserved lemon, three quarters of the herbs and 120 ml (½ cup) water to combine. Stir in the prawns and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with couscous and scatter with the remaining herbs.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 339mg | Potassium: 433mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 8180IU | Vitamin C: 17.7mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 3.2mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra