[su_brhrbr]Ginataang Hipon is a popular Filipino meal with coconut milk and prawns as the main ingredients.
Ginataang Hipon - Prawns in Coconut Milk
- 500 g medium-sized uncooked, green prawns, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups, 500 ml coconut milk
- 2 long green chillies, sliced diagonally
- 2 long red chillies, sliced diagonally
- Heat oil in a pan or wok over a medium heat and sauté the onion, ginger, and garlic
- Add black pepper and fish sauce and allow to cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk and reduce the quantity to half by boiling over a medium heat, gently stirring, for about 20 minutes.
- Add the sliced chillies and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the cleaned prawns and cook for 5 - 7 minutes, until they are a pink colour (do not overcook)
- Transfer to bowls or 10a serving plate and serve hot.
Add to My Saved Recipes Go to Saved Recipes Rate this Recipe