This fish recipe makes a great weeknight meal or a beautiful first course. The blackened fish with the colourful mango salsa are very attractive on a white plate and the flavours are a perfect contrast of sweet and spicy.
- 2 snapper fillets, 150g each
- 1 tablespoon Cajun blackening spices
- vegetable oil
- Prepare salsa - Combine the mango, avocado, lime juice, onion, and coriander in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a large sauté or grill pan over high heat and add enough oil to coat it.
- Rub the fish with enough of the blackening spice to thoroughly cover each side. When the oil is hot (almost smoking), carefully add the fillets to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until a nice, dark crust has developed. The fish is done when it flakes easily with light pressure from your finger.
- Top each fillet with the mango salsa.
Cooks Notes & Variations
How to Blacken Fish
Rate this Recipe