Servings: 4 servings
- Baking Paper
- Baking Tray
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced (425°F ; Gas Mark 7 -8)
- Trim and scrub the carrots and place on an oven tray lined with baking paper then drizzle with olive oil and the honey. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place the baking tray into the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until tender and lightly caramelised.
- While the carrots are cooking, finely chop the macadamias (see Note 2), zest one of the lemons to get a pinch of zest, then slice both lemons into wedges. In a medium bowl, combine the macadamias, lemon zest, panko breadcrumbs and pesto. Season with pepper and mix well.
- Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper, place skin-side down on a second oven tray lined with baking paper, and lightly coat or spray with olive oil. Spoon the macadamia crust over the top of the trout and gently press down with the back of the spoon to help it stick. Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust is golden and the trout is just cooked through. In the last 5 minutes of cook time, add the flaked almonds to the tray and cook until toasted.
- While the trout is cooking combine a good squeeze of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Slice the cucumber into half-moons. Just before serving, add the flaked almonds, green salad leaves and cucumber to the bowl with the dressing and toss to coat (see Note 2).
- Serve by dividing the carrots, pesto and macadamia crusted ocean trout and the salad between plates. Sprinkle with any crumbs from the tray and serve with the remaining lemon wedges on the side.
- Baby carrots are also known as Dutch carrots. Do not mistake baby carrots for baby-cut carrots, they are distinctly different.
- Dress the salad just before serving to keep the leaves crisp.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 305mg | Potassium: 644mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 7781IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 156mg | Iron: 3mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra