Servings: 4 - 6 servings
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup , juice only of lemon
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ¾ tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups fresh lima beans
- 1 cup fresh black-eyed beans
- 225 g smoked bacon hock
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 225 g yellow butter, wax beans
- 225 g sugar snap peas
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- For the dressing, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, shallot, and thyme in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place lima beans, black-eyed beans, and bacon hock in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Simmer, covered, until almost tender, 15 - 20 minutes.
- Add peas and simmer until peas and beans are tender, 8 - 10 minutes.
- Discard bacon hock. Drain and run under cold water to cool.
- Cook butter beans and sugar snaps in boiling salted water in a medium saucepan until crisp tender, 1 - 2 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool.
- Add beans, peas, and almonds to dressing, and toss to combine.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra