Add some crunch and a touch of sweet and sour to your baby carrots in this quick and easy side dish.
Baby Carrots with Walnuts
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 -6Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 500 g baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 100 g walnut halves
- ½ cup sugar syrup, 1 tablespoon sugar with water added to make up to ½ cup
- splash, ½ teaspoon cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped chives, for garnish
- Cook the baby carrots in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes or until tender; then drain.
- In a saute pan, add the drained cooked carrots, butter, walnut halves, and sugar syrup. Saute over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until the carrots are nicely glazed.
- Add a splash of cider vinegar, and salt and pepper; stir through.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with chopped chives.
Rate this Recipe
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg