A quick and easy side dish to complement any barbecued meal.
- 450 g Brussels sprouts
- 60 g bacon
- ¾ tablespoon unsalted butter for greasing gratin dish
- ½ cup cream
- ¾ tablespoon fresh bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter; in bits
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts by cutting a thin slice off the root end of each and then cutting an X in that end so it cooks evenly inside and out.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, blanch sprouts until they are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, refresh in ice cold water, and drain again. <em>(Do not let the sprouts sit in water for more than a minute.)</em>
- Saute bacon until limp, not crisp. Drain and coarsely chop.
- Mix the sprouts and bacon together and spread the mixture in a buttered gratin dish.
- Pour cream over the sprouts-bacon mixture and dot with bread crumbs and butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra