Make the best Brussels Sprouts in Mustard Sauce with this easy recipe – it is sure to delight even those in your family who hate Brussels sprouts!
- 400 g Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1½ tablespoons spring onion; chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- ½ cup skimmed evaporated milk
- Cook the Brussels sprouts in ½ cup of chicken stock; cover and set aside.
- Spray a small skillet with cooking spray and add the oil. Saute the onion in the oil then remove from the heat and slowly add the 1 cup of chicken stock. Sir in the mustard and pepper.
- Return to the heat and dissolve the cornflour in the milk then add to the skillet mixture. Stirring constantly, cook until the sauce is smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the mustard sauce over the cooked Brussels Sprouts and stir to coat. Serve at once.