This is one of Sichuan’s most famous vegetable dishes.
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a 35cm flat-bottomed wok or 30cm skillet over medium-high; add beans, and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, and set aside; return wok to high heat.
- Add remaining oil, and then add pork; cook, stirring constantly, until browned, about 2 minutes.
- Return beans to wok along with greens, cooking wine, and soy sauce, and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in sesame oil; season with salt and pepper.
Renditions vary, but the process of cooking it yourself - choosing whether it should be mild or spicy, garlicky or gingery, or if it should include dried chillies, salted black beans, or pork mince - is what makes the dish so likable.
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra