This is one of those super-easy recipes where you just put everything into a pot and stir occasionally. This versatile dish can be served as a side dish, snack, or main meal.
- Using a mortar and pestle, grind the spice past ingredients to make a smooth(ish) paste.
- In a large saute pan or saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and sauté spice paste, kaffir lime leaves and bay leaves until fragrant.
- Pour the coconut milk and season with salt and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Add hard boiled eggs into the pot and cook until the sauce has reduced and thickened into a creamy sauce, stirring occasionally. The sauce should be able to coat the eggs at the end of the cooking process.
- Remove from heat and serve with steamed white rice, crispy fried shallots and sliced tomato.