Servings: 6 servings
- 5.5 Litre Slow Cooker
- Frying Pan
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 chicken stock pot, salt-reduced preferably
- 2 carrots, thickly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise, thickly sliced
- 6 skinless chicken thigh cutlets
- 400 g can cherry tomatoes in juice
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced, plus extra lemon wedges to serve
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup pitted green olives
- ½ cup packed fresh coriander sprigs
- cooked couscous, to serve
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Heat oil in flameproof slow cooker bowl or a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until charred. Add garlic and spices. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Transfer bowl to slow cooker. Add stock pot, carrot, capsicum and zucchini. Place chicken on vegetables. Pour over tomatoes. Top with lemon slices and drizzle with honey. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours (or LOW for 6 hours).
- Add olives. Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with coriander sprigs. Serve with couscous and extra lemon wedges.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 562.4kcal | Carbohydrates: 46.1g | Protein: 30.6g | Fat: 29.2g | Saturated Fat: 7.2g | Cholesterol: 141.7mg | Sodium: 410.9mg | Potassium: 908.9mg | Fiber: 6.4g | Sugar: 13.7g | Vitamin A: 5700IU | Vitamin C: 59mg | Calcium: 92.9mg | Iron: 3.6mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra