Serve these crispy, Asian-flavoured chicken tenderloins with a tangy, sweet-and-sour sauce at your next party, they’re a sure crowd-pleaser.
Asian Chicken Tenderloins with Zesty Lemon Sauce
- 500 g chicken tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup sweet and sour sauce
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic powder. Add chicken tenderloins and stir gently until coated. Let stand at least 20 minutes to marinate.
- Heat oven to 200°C. Line a baking pan <em>(large enough to hold the chicken tenderloins in a single layer)</em> with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- Place bread crumbs in shallow dish. Drain off any remaining soy sauce mixture from chicken. Toss chicken pieces in bread crumbs to coat and arrange in single layer in pan.
- Bake 5 minutes. Turn chicken; bake 5 to 7 minutes longer or until golden brown and crisp.
- In small bowl, stir together sweet-and-sour sauce and lemon peel. Serve chicken with sauce for dipping