[is_desktop] [/is_desktop]In these tacos we’ve forgone the traditional sliced chicken or grilled beef and used a mix of crisp potato, smoky chorizo and sweet onion instead. Placed in warm tortillas with a cucumber salsa and refreshing yoghurt, all you’ll have to do is wrap and enjoy! [is_desktop]
Here’s What You Need[one_half]800 g potatoes
2 Lebanese cucumber
250 g spicy chorizo
100 g smoked cheddar
flour tortillas (use 8 – 10) [/one_half][one_half_last]200 g Greek-style yoghurt
2 jalapeño peppers
20 g fresh coriander
salt and pepper
120 ml (½ cup) olive oil
Here’s What You Do
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 2-3cm pieces. Place in a medium - large saucepan, cover with water and season with salt. Bring to the boil and cook for 10-12 minutes until very tender. Drain and return to pan to dry for 1 minute over low heat.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice jalapeño (discard seeds for less heat if you prefer). Halve the cucumber lengthwise, then thinly slice. Pick the coriander leaves (discard stems) and coarsely chop.
- Combine the chilli, cucumber and coriander in a medium bowl (reserve chilli as a garnish if you prefer less heat). Halve the lime and squeeze half over the cucumber mixture. Add 1 tablespoon oil, a pinch of sugar and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Finely chop the onion. Slice the chorizo. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large fry-pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and chorizo, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes until soft and golden.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Add the potatoes and 1 tablespoons oil to the onion and chorizo and cook, tossing, for 5 minutes or until potatoes are slightly crisp and golden. Add 2 tablespoons water and continue to cook for 1 minute, scraping up any browned bits. Season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, finely grate the cheddar.
- Brush or spray 8 - 10 tortillas with oil and place on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 3 minutes each side or until slightly puffed. To keep warm, wrap in foil or a clean tea towel. Fill tortillas with chorizo mixture and top with cheddar. Cut remaining lime into wedges. Serve tacos with salad, lime wedges and a dollop of yoghurt.
Serving: 0serving | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra