Danger Dogs - Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
Street vendors in Mexico have been serving these treats for years, and now bacon-wrapped hot dogs have made their way north, south, east, and west where they have become a favourite snack or street food.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Servings: 8Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate this Recipe
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 rashers of bacon
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3-4 jalapeño chillies, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- optional condiments such as mayonnaise, ketchup, or American mustard
- Slice the onion into rings.
- Cut the jalapeños in half, remove the seeds, and then slice them lengthwise into thin strips.
- Wrap a bacon rasher tightly around each hot dog.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a large pan. Add the onion rings and jalapeño peppers, keeping the onions and peppers separate from each other. Cook them until soft and slightly browned (about 12 minutes)
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon-wrapped hot dogs in another pan over medium heat. Turn the hot dogs occasionally until the bacon is crisp on all sides (about 12 minutes)
- After the hot dogs are cooked, place them in a hot dog bun and top with the sauteed onions and jalapeño peppers, to taste. You can then add ketchup or mustard, however the traditional condiment is mayonnaise.
Rate this Recipe
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0% | Vitamin C: 0% | Calcium: 0% | Iron: 0%