Apples and celeriac make this moreish soup an unforgettable treat for a cold winters day.
Apple and Celeriac Soup
Apples and celeriac make this moreish soup an unforgettable treat for a cold winters day.Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate this Recipe
- 1 small celeriac, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 medium onions
- 1 tub Crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cooking apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook until softened. Stir in the celeriac and apples and cook covered over a gentle heat for 10 minutes, shaking the pan from time to time, to mix.
- Pour over the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook covered for about 30 minutes until the celeriac is soft.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the horseradish sauce. Blend until smooth. Serve topped with a little crème fraiche, a few chopped chives and black pepper to taste.
Rate this Recipe