Caribbean Iced Coconut Soup
Iced Coconut Soup is a traditional Cayman Island recipe for a classic chilled soup of coconut milk and chicken stock flavoured with curry powder.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 servingsPrint Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 x 400g cans coconut milk, unsweetened
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 dash curry powder, to taste
For serving :
- 1 honeydew melon, quartered, seeded, rind removed, each piece sliced again
- Put all ingredients in a blender and combine well.
- Cover and chill soup in the refrigerator
- Serve with 2 slices of cold honeydew melon per bowl.
Rate this Recipe
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 374mg | Potassium: 855mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 57.8mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.9mg