This cream of broccoli soup is a rich soup with delicate colour and flavour. Serve the soup with a green salad and hot sourdough bread for a memorable winter meal.
- Cook broccoli, celery and onion in 2 cups water until tender, about 10 minutes. Do not drain.
- Put in blender or food processor until good consistency. Set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in flour.
- Stir until mixture is bubbly.
- Add broccoli mixture and stock cube, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Heat to a boil. Add cream.
- Stir to combine and bring to a gentle simmer (Do not boil)