- ¾ tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized Coliban potato, scrubbed, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups fresh sorrel leaves, rinsed and dried
- ½ cup whipping cream (heavy cream)
- sour cream, to serve, optional
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add the butter and oil . When the butter has melted add in the sliced leeks, garlic and potato; season with 1 teaspoon of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Saute for 5-7 minutes, or until the leeks are tender.
- Add in the white wine and cook until the wine is reduced by half, about 5 minutes more.
- Add in the stock and sorrel leaves; cook, stirring often, for about 15 minutes, or until the sorrel is wilted and the potatoes tender. Adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Turn the heat to low, add in the cream. Stir the soup and cook until the soup is heated through but not boiling.
- Serve warm with sour cream.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 293.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 24.6g | Protein: 8.1g | Fat: 17.8g | Saturated Fat: 9.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6.9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 53.9mg | Sodium: 310mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 4.1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra