[/su_brhrbr]This sweet dessert soup is made with red azuki beans, a warming yang food.
- ½ cup adzuki beans
- 1 tablespoon glutinous rice
- 1 large piece dried tangerine peel, about 7 cm
- 4 cups water
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup peanuts, crushed
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Soak the beans and rice overnight in an ample amount of water <em>(about 3 cups)</em>.
- In a 3 litre saucepan, bring 4 cups water with the glutinous rice, azuki beans and dried tangerine peel to boil <em>(Note: glutinous rice, azuki (adzuki) beans, and dried citrus peel or dried tangerine peel can all be purchased in Chinese/Asian markets. If you use fresh citrus peel instead of the dried peel, the orange flavour will be stronger.)</em>
- Turn the heat down to low, cover and simmer for about 1¼ hours, until the beans are visible with the water just covering them, and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Add the sugar, stirring to dissolve. <em>(Start with ¼ cup and add 1 or 2 more tablespoons as desired)</em>.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and cool. Remove the tangerine peel. While the soup is cooling, crush the peanuts.
- Pour the soup in the blender. Use the liquefy setting to liquefy for 1 - 2 minutes, until the azuki beans are thoroughly blended.
- Chill until ready to serve. Just before serving, garnish with the crushed peanuts.
Serving: 0serving | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra