[is_desktop][/is_desktop]Be bowled over by this speedy and tasty bowl full of fresh vegetables protein and satisfying egg noodles. The slippery noodles are coated in sesame oil adding a lovely nuttiness and fragrance, while the meat is drizzled with a flavoursome garlic and ginger dressing that really packs a punch!
Here’s What You Need
3 tablespoons sesame oil
450 g beef flank steaks
2 red radish
2 large carrots
2 spring onions
large knob ginger
2 Lebanese cucumbers
sea salt and pepper
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
Here’s What You Do
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Using your hands, separate noodles, then cook for 2-3 minutes until al dente. Drain and refresh under running cold water, taking care to rinse off any excess starch. Dry the noodles well using a clean tea towel. Place in a large bowl and stir through half the sesame oil.
- Rub the beef with the remaining sesame oil to coat and season with salt and pepper. Set aside at room temperature.
- Trim and very thinly slice the radishes and carrots. Thinly slice the spring onions. Halve the cucumbers lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, then thinly slice into half moons. Combine the ingredients in a large bowl, reserving half the spring onion to serve.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger. Crush or finely chop the garlic. Combine the ginger and garlic with the soy sauce, white wine vinegar and sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Pour the dressing into the bowl with the vegetables and toss to combine.
- Heat a char-grill or fry-pan over high heat. Cook the beef for 2-3 minutes each side for medium-rare (depending on the thickness) or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for 3 minutes.
- Divide the noodles among bowls and top with the vegetables. Thinly slice the steaks against the grain, then place on top of the vegetables. Scatter over the spring onion to serve.
Rate this Recipe