Purple Pride Coleslaw
Add a splash of colour to your next salad table with this delightful crimson-purple coleslaw
Servings: 8Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared white horseradish
- 1 cup , packed coarsely grated peeled raw fresh beetroot
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, and horseradish in large bowl to blend.
- Add beetroot and onion, then toss again to blend.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add cabbage and stir until wilted and just crisp-tender (about 3 minutes). Stir into beetroot mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving, stirring occasionally.
Rate this Recipe