A fresh makeover of the classic coleslaw, combining cabbage, carrots and red onion with a creamy avocado & coriander dressing
- 2 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, and diced, divided
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups finely sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups grated carrots
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place one avocado, vinegar, water, sugar and cumin in a blender. With the blender on puree setting, blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, onion, coriander, and one diced avocado.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture, toss gently and season to taste with salt and pepper.