These garlic roasted carrots are absolutely addictive! Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of carrots, and garlic and onion become sweeter with roasting as well.
Roast Carrots with Garlic
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 kg carrots, peeled and cut in 5 cm lengths (or use 1 kg fresh baby carrots, tops trimmed)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh thyme leaves and thyme sprigs, optional
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Spray a 23 x 20 cm baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the onion, carrots, and garlic in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste; mix well. If using fresh thyme, sprinkle with some of the leaves and save a few sprigs for garnish For best results, the carrots should be in a single layer in the dish.
- Roast, uncovered, for 45 - 60 minutes or until golden and tender, stirring the carrots occasionally. Transfer to a serving dish; garnish with sprigs of fresh thyme, if using. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Cooks Notes & Variations
Rate this Recipe