Broccoli, cauli, and cheese always combine well in a side-dish and this salad proves the match-up – whether eaten hot or cold as a side dish or salad this is a quick and easy option for any meal.
- 2½ cups cauliflower florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2½ cups fresh broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup olive oil, up to 1 cup
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups lightly packed fresh spinach leaves
- ½ lemon , zest only of lemon
- 1 lemon , juice only of lemon
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Place the cauliflower and broccoli in a large bowl. Toss with the beaten eggs to coat evenly. Place the Parmesan in a large tray or baking dish and dredge the vegetables in the cheese, pressing to coat evenly.
- Pour olive oil in a large heavy skillet until the olive oil is 5 mm deep, about ½ cup depending on the size of your skillet. Warm the olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, carefully add the Parmesan-coated vegetables <em>(Do not overcrowd the pan)</em>.
- Cook in batches, if necessary. Let the vegetables cook until a crust forms, about 3 minutes per side. Turn the vegetables only when they easily release from the bottom of the pan. Drain on paper towels and season with salt.
- Place the spinach in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the spinach with the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Add the Parmesan coated vegetables. Toss and serve.