A simple and delicious Turkish soup – This recipe is to make a vibrant green spinach and zucchini soup. Light-and-healthy, but still creamy textured and plenty tasty.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large potato, cut into cubes
- 3 zucchini, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 - 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- yoghurt, olive oil & mint, for topping and garnish
- Saute onion and garlic with olive oil over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes. Stir in cubed potato and zucchini. Cook for about 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and vegetable stock. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes soften.
- Add spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Blend until smooth with a hand blender.
- Add lemon juice and serve into plates.
- Pour a dollop of yoghurt, drizzle some olive oil and add a pinch of mint if desired.