Servings: 12 tacos
- Large Non-Stick Pan
To pickle the cucumbers ;
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar (see Note 1)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
To marinate the beef strips ;
- 40 g fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 550 g beef strips
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Pickle the Cucumber : Slice the cucumber into thin batons. In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar and salt. Stir to dissolve and add the cucumber. Toss to coat then set aside, tossing occasionally to coat in the pickling liquid (see Note 2)
- Marinate the Beef Strips : Finely grate the ginger. Finely grate the garlic (or use a garlic press). In a medium bowl, combine the ginger, garlic, soy sauce and honey. Add the beef strips. Toss to coat then set aside, tossing occasionally to coat in the marinade.
- Cook the Beef Strips : Heat a large frying pan over a high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Take ½ the beef strips, shake off any excess marinade, and cook for about 2 minutes, tossing, until browned. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining beef strips. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. (see Note 3)
- Heat the Tortillas : Heat the mini flour tortillas in the microwave on a plate in 10 second bursts, until warm (or use a sandwich press).
- Build the Beef Tacos : Drain the pickled cucumber. Spread the tortilla bases with the Sweet Chilli Coconut Mayonnaise. Place tortillas in a taco stand (if using), fill with the Japanese-style Sesame Slaw, beef strips and top with slices of pickled cucumber.
- Alternatively you can use rice wine vinegar ;
- Slicing the cucumber thinly helps them to pickle faster. Seeding the cucumbers is optional ;
- Cooking the beef without any excess marinade helps keep it tender by frying rather than stewing the meat.
Serving: 1taco | Calories: 434kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 1421mg | Potassium: 318mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 10.2mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 2.4mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra