This easy side dish of spicy green beans takes minutes to cook but adds a wealth of flavour to barbecued fish or char-grilled lobster.
- 2½ cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 teaspoons chilli paste, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 160 g small green runner beans, topped and tailed
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- sea salt, to taste
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Place the ginger and garlic in a mortar and pound with a pestle until a smooth paste forms. Stir in the chilli paste.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the beans and ginger mixture, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the onion and cook for another 1 minute, then remove from the heat.
- Toss through the lemon rind and juice.
- Season with sea salt to taste and serve immediately.
If you can't find small runner beans, just use the freshest small beans you can find. A combination of green and butter beans gives a lovely contrasting look.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra