Create something special using fresh green beans and a few simple ingredients. The mustard sauce really adds some zing, so much so that you may never serve plain green beans again.
Green Beans with Mustard Sauce
- ½ tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 350 g green beans
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- kosher salt, to taste
- Cook the green beans to desired doneness (cook them just until tender - don't undercook or overcook)
- Meanwhile, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustards, horseradish, sour cream and salt.
- Serve the sauce at room temperature with the green beans.
Cooks Notes & Variations
The beans will continue to cook after you remove them from the heat source. Either take them out just before they are cooked the way you like or plunge them in ice water immediately to stop the cooking process.
Rate this Recipe