- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon , juice only of lemon
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 chicken Maryland pieces, skin-on, bone-in
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 350 g fresh chanterelles, cleaned, root ends trimmed (tear into bite-size pieces if large)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup whipping cream (heavy cream)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Position a rack in the centre of the oven and preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and ½ tablespoon of the minced garlic in a large shallow bowl. Add the chicken pieces and turn to coat. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Put the chicken skin side up on a rack set over a large rimmed baking sheet (reserve the marinade). Season well with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, lower the heat to 190°C, and continue cooking until the skin is a deep golden colour and the meat is cooked through (about 30 minutes more)
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a 23cm heavy-duty skillet over medium heat. Add the reserved marinade and the shallots. Cook, stirring, until tender and lightly browned (about 4 minutes).
- Add the chanterelles and cook, stirring frequently, until tender and golden-brown on some sides, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the wine and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Set aside ½ cup of the mushrooms and cover to keep warm.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate, reserving the juice in the baking sheet and scraping up any browned bits. Put the skillet with the mushroom mixture over medium-high heat and add the chicken drippings, cream, peas, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Cook until thickened to a sauce consistency, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add 2 teaspoons of chopped tarragon, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the sauce among four shallow bowls and top with the chicken. Sprinkle with the reserved mushrooms and the remaining tarragon, and serve.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 773kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 52g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 25g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 234mg | Sodium: 241mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra