- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 400 g Arborio rice
- 250 ml white wine
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 225 g frozen peas
- fennel tops, roughly chopped
- 50 g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- For the base, heat the butter and olive oil together in a large heavy bottomed pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft. Meanwhile, heat the stock.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir for a minute or two until well-coated with the oil and butter. Add the wine and stir until it has been absorbed.
- Begin adding the hot stock, a ladleful or two at a time. With each addition of stock, stir steadily and constantly until the liquid is absorbed. Keep adding the stock gradually and stir constantly until the rice is plump and creamy, cooked but still slightly al dente. This should take about 20-25 minutes. Season to taste.
- After about 15-20 minutes of stirring the base (5 minutes before it is ready) add the fennel, peas and fennel tops. Continue stirring and adding stock until the rice is al dente.
- Just before serving, stir through the Parmesan.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra