As if french fries aren’t enough of a temptation on their own, this copycat not-so-secret menu item tops hot fries with sticky melted cheese, caramelised onions, and a tangy sauce.
Animal Style Fries - from In-N-Out Burger
For Animal Style Fries
- 1 cup <a href="https://aussietaste.com.au/vegetables/potato/french-fries/" target="_blank">cooked french fries</a>
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
For "Secret Spread"
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- 1½ tablespoons dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Make the secret spread by mixing together the mayonnaise, ketchup, dill pickles, yellow mustard, salt, pepper, sugar, and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- Add oil and diced onions to a sauté pan set over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelised.
- Add slices of cheese directly over hot french fries, and top with caramelised onions and a squeeze of the secret sauce.