This potato salad recipe is a simple dish that can be served hot or cold for lunch or as an accompaniment to the main course.
Servings: 6 servings
- 600 g potatoes
- ½ cup homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons curly leaf parsley, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 sprigs curly leaf parsley, optional, to garnish
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Wash the potatoes and place in a pot. Cover with 2 cm of cold water and add a teaspoon of salt. Cook for 25-30 minutes from the time of boiling. They should be sufficiently cooked but not mushy.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and allow to cool. Once cool, peel, and cut into chunks or thin slices and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the mayonnaise over the cooled potatoes, sprinkle with parsley and mix gently. Serve on plates and garnish (optional) with parsley leaves.
- Adding salt to the cooking water prevents the potatoes from disintegrating
- You can replace the homemade mayonnaise with commercial mayonnaise but the flavour of the salad is not the same.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 17.68g | Protein: 2.24g | Fat: 13.83g | Saturated Fat: 2.174g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 11.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0.034g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 123mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 2.3g | Sugar: 0.9g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra