This potato salad recipe is a simple dish that can be served hot or cold for lunch or as an accompaniment to the main course.
Ensalada de Papa y Mayonesa - Chilean Potato Salad and Mayonnaise
- 600 g potatoes
- ½ cup homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons curly leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 sprigs curly leaf parsley (optional, to garnish)
- Wash the potatoes and place in a pot. Cover with 2 cm of cold water and add a teaspoon of salt. Cook for 25-30 minutes from the time of boiling. They should be sufficiently cooked but not mushy.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and allow to cool. Once cool, peel, and cut into chunks or thin slices and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the mayonnaise over the cooled potatoes, sprinkle with parsley and mix gently. Serve on plates and garnish (optional) with parsley leaves.
- Adding salt to the cooking water prevents the potatoes from disintegrating
- You can replace the homemade mayonnaise with commercial mayonnaise but the flavour of the salad is not the same.