- 5 large Coliban potatoes, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 kg boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- canola oil
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Tabasco sauce, to taste, (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 95°C.
- Place the potatoes in a medium-size pot and cover them with cold water. Cook over medium-high heat until the potatoes are cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey and Dijon mustard. Place chicken in a shallow dish and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spoon the honey-mustard mixture over all the tenderloins and spread it around so each tenderloin is thoroughly coated.
- Place the breadcrumbs in another shallow dish, then add the honey mustard-coated chicken tenderloins to the dish one at a time, covering them completely in the breadcrumbs (press the chicken down to make sure they stick).
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add about 2 cm of canola oil. When the oil is hot, fry the chicken tenderloins until golden brown on each side and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Repeat this process until all the chicken is cooked, placing finished pieces on a baking sheet in the oven to keep warm and crispy.
- When the potatoes are cooked through, drain them then return them to the pot. Mash the potatoes to desired consistency then add the buttermilk, sour cream, Tabasco sauce, parsley, dill, chives, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix to combine and serve them alongside the tenderloins.
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra