- 900 g potatoes
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 small onions
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 -2 pinches sugar
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 225 g bacon
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Add scrubbed potatoes, water, salt, and caraway seeds to a large pot. Cook potatoes for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Rinse cooked potatoes with cold water. Set aside and let them cool.
- Peel potatoes and cut into thin slices. Add potato slices to a salad bowl.
- Peel and chop onions. Fold into the potato slices.
- In a separate bowl mix the chicken broth, vinegar, sugar, and oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over the potatoes and gently fold into potato mixture. Allow to sit and marinate for 2 hours.
- Fold parsley into potato salad.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and fry in a frying pan until crispy.
- Pour bacon and optionally the grease over the potato salad.
- Serve salad immediately.
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra