Croatians enjoy potato salad with an oil-and-vinegar dressing instead of mayonnaise or sour cream, which makes it a perfect picnic food. This is best if made the night before.
- 6 large potatoes, boiled, peeled and sliced or diced
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced thinly ( or 1 bunch sliced spring onions)
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 roasted red capsicum, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. In a screw-top jar, add remainder of ingredients, cover with the lid and shake vigorously. Toss potatoes with dressing. Refrigerate overnight.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary and serve at room temperature.